Join us for our first ever LIVE VIRTUAL Conference!
Education available from the comfort of your own home!
We will be using WebEx platform, a service of Health One in Colorado
Wyoming Association of PAs welcomes you to register for the WAPA Annual Conference!
This year WAPA is pleased to announce a virtual venue through the WebEx platform where WAPA has partnered with Health One promoting current best practices in both primary and specialty care for PAs in rural Wyoming communities!
-Exciting updates regarding stroke care from Dr. Wheeler, Neurologist from Wyoming Medical Center, will take the virtual stage among other great speakers from around the region!
-Our VERY own Jim Hutchison, PA-C, and WAPA president will be sharing updates surrounding WAPA’s work on Optimal Team Practice (OTP)
We will be discussing the regional status of COVID-19 including recognition of the COVID-19 pandemics local impact and current evidence-based practices!
-In doing so, we are welcoming Dr. Ghazie Ghanem, Infectious Disease from Wyoming Medical Center to our virtual symposium.
And...we will continue our work in understanding best practices for prescribing controlled substances.
-Education on the updated standards from the Wyoming Board of Pharmacy will be provided, as well as the opportunity to refresh our basic and safe prescribing of opioids by the well-spoken Dennis Rivenburgh, PA-C from Johns Hopkins Department of Orthopedic Surgery!
Plus much much more!
This course is specifically geared toward Physician Assistants as well as Physicians(MD/DO’s), advanced practice nurses, registered nurses, and other health care providers who care for patients.
1. Summarize recent updates, clinical studies, and new guidelines that impact practice in primary and specialty care.
2. Describe strategies regarding the evaluation and management of COVID-19.
3. Understand best practices for prescribing controlled substances in the state of Wyoming.
4. Describe clinical presentation, diagnosis, and management of conditions critical to the practice of primary and specialty care.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of HealthONE and Wyoming Association of PAs. HealthONE is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The HealthONE Health System is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The HealthONE Health System designates this live activity for a maximum of 20.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This Activity was developed without support from any commercial interests.
· The ACCME Defines a commercial interest as any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients.
· Note: The ACCME does not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests – unless the provider of clinical services is owned, or controlled by, and ACCME-defined commercial interest.
Disclosure: HealthONE is committed to providing CME that is balanced, objective, and evidenced-based. In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education Essentials and Standards, all parties involved in content development are required to disclose any relevant conflicts of interest (i.e. any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by or used on patients) relating to the topics of this education activity. HealthONE has established mechanisms to resolve conflicts of interest should they arise. The course director, speakers, and members of the planning committee for this activity have no conflicts of interest to disclose.
$250 WAPA member
$295 Non-WAPA member (MD, DO, NP, Non-WAPA PA)
$310 Non-WAPA member + 1 year WAPA Membership ($80 Value)
- $ 125 Single day registration